Human Interaction with Big Cats (Tigers/Leopards) in India
Dr Aditi Sharma
Myself a Senior Veterinary Officer with a specialisation in Advanced Wildlife Management. I have a job experience of almost 2 decades. I have successfully completed 6 International Wildlife Courses & presented 16 papers in National & 11 papers in International Conferences.
By God’s grace I have received 12 awards to date. Additionally, I contribute in social programs for women empowerment and women safety.
INTERNATIONAL COURSES COMPLETED BY ME
1. Interventions in Wild Animal Health (2016: University of Edinburgh, Zoological Society of London & WII)
2. Chemical and Physical Restraint of African Wildlife (2017: Zimbabwe)
3. Advanced Wildlife Chemical Immobilisation & Field Practice (2017: University of Pretoria, South Africa)
4. Wildlife Restraint and Immobilisa5on with Special Reference to Elephants and Carnivores (2019: Tsavarn Pharmaceuticals, South Africa)
5. Elephant Health, Reproduc5on & Breeding Management (2019: Thailand)
6. Zoo Exotics & Wildlife Anaesthesia (2020: Athens, Greece)
1. Wildlife Disease Association
2. Indian Society of Veterinary Surgery (Life Member)
3. Indian Veterinary Association (Life Member)
4. Associate Member of World Society of Alternative Medicine (U.S.A.)
5. Association of Indian Zoo & Wildlife Veterinarians (Life Member)
6. Member of International Committee of WDA, Wildlife Disease association
7. Regional Representative of India In Wildlife Disease Association Asia Pacific Section (WDA AP)
8. Member of Disease Expert Group of WDA AP for Asian Wildcat Conservation
9. Member of Swiss Biosafety Network
10.Member of The Union, A Century of Leadership in Lung Health
11.Life Member of Indian Red Cross Society
12.Lifetime Professional Membership of Institute of Scholars
AWARDS & APPRECIATIONS
1. 2015: Award for Best Term Paper on Critical Evaluation of Wildlife Health Initiatives in Melghat Tiger Reserve
2. 2016: Certificate of Appreciation from PCCF, Wildlife during Wildlife Week
3. March, 2018: “Wommenovators Award” 2018 By Rotary Club, Dehradun On Occasion Of International Women’s Day
4. March, 2018: ” 9th Annual Santulan Award 2018″ by Divya Jyoti Jagriti Sansthan on occasion of International Women’s Day
5. April, 2018: ” Utkrishtha Pashuchikitsavid Award, 2018 ” by Secretary Animal Husbandry, Uttarakhand Shasan on occasion of World Veterinary Day
6. August, 2018: ” Utkrishtha Mahila Pashu Chikitsadhikari Award, 2018″ by Secretary Animal Husbandry, Ugarakhand Shasan
7. November,2018: “Nari Shakti Puruskar, Uttarakhand Uday Samman, 2018 by Amar Ujala on occasion of 18th Anniversary of the Founda5on Day of Uttarakhand State
8. January 26th, 2019: Certificate of Appreciation by Uttarakhand Forest Department for Wildlife Handling, Captive & Free Wildlife Management & Human Wildlife Conflict Mitigation.
9. InSc Research Excellence Award 2020: Awarded by Institute of Scholars for Oral Presentation “The Management of a Conflict Elephant in Rajaji Tiger Reserve, Release vs Rehabilitation” in the 16th International Elephant Conservation & Research Symposium in South Africa.
10.July 29th, 2020: Ram Singh Memorial National Animal Welfare Award 2020 : “National Excellence Award” for significant contribution for prevention of cruelty to animals & enhancement of animal welfare.